Anti-Muslim Bigot FAQs
- Why do you support reform for a religion as violent and literal as Islam? It is recognized as the perfect, infallible word of god - making it much harder to reform than say Christianity. It's unchangeable, therefore unsupportable.
- Why do you claim someone can be a Muslim even if they don’t follow the religion properly?
- I don’t think moderate Muslims are representative of Islam, why do you?
- There aren’t different ‘interpretations' of Islam - surveys show that an alarming number of Muslims support regressive, dangerous ideas such as death for apostasy. So if you say that ‘moderate' Islam is a valid interpretation, aren’t you just being like Reza Aslan?
- Why are you supportive of criticism of Islam but not supportive of criticism of Muslims?
- My faith doesn't create jihadis, My faith isn't violent like the Abrahamic faiths - so it's technically better, right? Since your issues lie primarily with Abrahamic faiths, why not give my religion a try?
Muslim Bigot/Apologist FAQs
- Are you an Islamophobe?
- How can you be against anti-semitism but *for* the criticism of Islam, and for horribly offensive drawings of the prophet? You wouldn't be ok with racist drawings of 'evil Jews' would you? Doesn't this make you a hypocrite?
- Islam is perfect and infallible, it is the literal word of god. How can you reform something that's already perfect?
- How can you say that someone's a Muslim if they don’t follow the religion properly?
- Don't you think all your criticism of Islam is giving cover to bigots?
- How can you blame Islam alone for religious violence, what about the crusades?
- Why is it that you only point to Muslim women as being oppressed, why is it not ok when they cover their heads, yet you don't seem to be bothered by nuns?
- How can you “moderately" believe in something that is clearly violent, misogynistic, homophobic?
- If Islam was a religion of peace, wouldn’t that become apparent the more closely it was followed, the more peaceful it’s followers would be?
- Why would someone gay want to believe in and practise a faith that clearly rejects them?
- Are there some people who are masquerading as moderates?
- How is it that you're ok with supporting contradictory labels like 'gay Muslim' but not 'Muslim feminist' ?